POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Tree 1.1 Examples : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples
From: Gena
Date: 15 Jul 2003 13:21:22
Message: <3F143812.7080104@mail.com>
fitchn wrote:

> Short Answer: Yes, the mesh2 has a signifigantly more compact syntax.
>
> Long Answer:...

Thanks for the answer. First search result for mesh2 on POV-Ray site
was not so helpful as your answer :) Though then I found more
detailed description.

 From implementation point of view mesh2 doesn't
look so obvious. The program should keep in memory several
arrays: vertices, faces etc. For such data intensive program it's
impossible. So another solution could be several passes through the
model - one pass for vertices, one for faces etc. It will take
more time but it won't need so much memory as first approach. And
another solution could be to create several temporary files during
one pass - one file for vertices one for faces and so on. And then
just append those files.

Anyway I'll try to do that in one of the future releases.

Gena.