POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indoor Radiosity Experiments (24kb + 25kb + 25kb) : Re: Indoor Radiosity Experiments (25kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor Radiosity Experiments (25kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jul 2003 08:03:11
Message: <3F114A7F.36AB7A04@gmx.de>
"Tim Nikias v2.0" wrote:

> Well, here's the pic I've forgotten to attach...
> Notie that all those artifacts get smoothened
> out later when using a higher error_bound.

This image strongly indicates a not high enough max_trace_level.  For
radiosity with reflection and refraction it is usually advisable to turn
off reflection and refraction for the pretrace.  For this you usually need
three renders:

1) generate photons with correct finishes/interiors
2) generate radiosity data without reflection and refraction.
3) do the final render using both previously generated data files.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______