POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Tree 1.1 Examples : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 9 Jul 2003 11:33:22
Message: <3F0C33C9.95F6A029@mail.com>
Slashdolt wrote:

> I've spent a few hours playing around with POV-Tree, but haven't been able
> to move very far past the examples.

Usually I spend main time finding out proper random value for branches
distribution (value Randomness on Branch panel). The rest doesn't need
so much time.

I understand that there is a lack of tutorial. I'll try to make it whenever
I have time. I'm also planning to make pictorial tips instead of text tips
(which were just taken from TOMTREE help file). I think it will help
a lot in understanding TOMTREE/POV-Tree functionality.

> We've got quite a variety of examples
> now, that really wouldn't need modified very much in order to create a
> complex scene with several varieties of trees.

Next release will have three more examples - pine, oak and some bushes.
And I'll stop there with examples :)

> I have a couple WIP's
> involving TomTrees, but I've been too busy with other summer-time activities
> to finish them.

Yeh, summertime... it's better to enjoy real trees at this time :)

Gena.