POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Egg Experiment (44k) : The Egg Experiment (44k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  The Egg Experiment (44k)
From: Nicolas Rougier
Date: 27 Jun 2003 11:47:32
Message: <3EFC6713.9090301@loria.fr>
Hi all,

I did some experiments using radiosity and no regular light sources to
see what can be done with pure ambient light. I then defined a light
source as a set of 10 concentric discs with fading and quite high
ambient value and try to place them in the scene like any regular light.

The result is attached with this message. The first and second row are
composed of one blue "light source" at different position and the last
row is composed of one white "light source" at different positions + a
blue sky dome.

I imagine this is nothing new but I like the atmosphere it gives.

Nicolas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'theeggexperiment.jpg' (44 KB)