POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio18 : Re: Capriccio18 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:49:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio18
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Jun 2003 11:20:33
Message: <3EF08341.C231B62F@gmx.de>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> I've created the macro for making tile roof.
> Each tile is a mesh but it doesn't work as I expected.
> Whenever I increase the number of tiles allocated
> memory is increasing too. I'm just wondering
> what's wrong? The source is in p.b.s.-f.

Looks good (so does the 'version 18', i'm a bit late with my comments at
the moment...).  For rendering efficiency it would be better to put
several tiles (like a whole row) in one mesh.  This would cost more memory
but it would render faster.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______