POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio18 : Re: Capriccio18 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:52:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio18
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 18 Jun 2003 11:10:39
Message: <3EF07F09.DE9B7261@mail.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I came upon the same problem some years ago but at this time the tiles were
> made with CSG so making large roofs with them was out of the question due to
> speed and RAM limitation... and texturing every tile didn't help!

I modified the macro (source in p.b.s.-f.). Cells pattern is in use
and there is only one texture for the whole roof now. But the
memory still grows. I suspect something is wrong with declarations
just cannot realize what :)

> When I think of it, there could be a separate version of the macro that
> would create the entire roof, or at least a half roof, as a single mesh. It
> would take longer to parse, but the same roof (preferably saved as an *.inc
> file) could be used over and over (like grass patches) which would be great
> for some types of city pictures.

That's a good idea about one mesh. I'll try to do that. Though
it's not so useful for current scene it can be useful for somebody
else in the future :)

Gena.