POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image creation challenge: WinXP backgrounds : Re: Image creation challenge: WinXP backgrounds Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image creation challenge: WinXP backgrounds
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 10 Jun 2003 18:22:57
Message: <3EE6774E.EDE40698@tiscalinet.de>
High!

Tek schrieb:

> Ah, that is the shadow line artefact. You can find details in section 9.8 of
> pov's docs.
>
> For this render I used no_shadow in my object, but for more complex scenes you
> can remove the artefact using SlimePOV. http://www.slimeland.com/slimepov/

Yes, I looked it up... it mainly deals with shadow line artifacts on smoothed meshes
but says not much on the bumpy sphere problem, so I just tried no_shadow... and it
looked MUCH better! The problem now is how to fake the cratered moon's shadow on the
gas giant's upper cloud deck - I think I'll try a negative cylindric light! Or
should I go completely for isosurfaces? But they render so sloooow on my poor
pre-war rattletrap...

See you in Khyberspace - http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm

Yadgar

Now playing: Dynamotron (Michael Rother)