POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Concept Car : Re: Concept Car Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept Car
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 1 Jun 2003 05:30:32
Message: <3ED9C795.7050504@ibras.dk>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Ib Rasmussen wrote:
>> But I did know the mirror trick,
>
> And I remembered reading about the mirror trick, but when I needed it
> I couldn't remember where.  So I went out and paid like $40 for a book
> on algebra, found out what an "identity matrix" is, deduced from there
> how to use it to mirror, and was feeling pretty gall-darned proud of
> myself until you through the mirror trick back at me a week or two ago!

Sorry, if I had known, I wouldn't have said anything. :)

I did wonder why you went to the trouble of defining a transform, but
figured, that you just found your "reverse" form more readable.

If it makes you fell an better, I had to be told too. I would never have
thought of scaling by a negative value, by myself. Perhaps it should be
put in the documentation.

/Ib