POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Jim Charter
Date: 31 May 2003 15:12:47
Message: <3ED8FEE1.70708@aol.com>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> I see that you are tolerant to criticism, so let me also add some
> critisism, hopefully constructive :) See attached image.

These are the first full figures I have ever attempted*, criticism is
invaluable.
Thanks for taking the time to include the diagram, specific examples are
much more valuable than general comments. If it's alright with you I
would like to use the same critical process with the other figures too.
   Generally I think my difficulty comes with the need to envision the
figures in more detail than is given in the painting.  I am much more
mimetic than synthetic in artistic temperament. So I can use all the
help I can get.  The foreground family in particular is going to be huge
in comparison to the size of foreground figures in a Canaletto for instance.

*Today my ten year old daughter just pitched her first ever inning of
baseball.  She struck out one batter then walked in five runs.  But she
came back in the bottom of the inning and hit a homerun!