POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 31 May 2003 00:47:14
Message: <3ED831F9.345AA65B@mail.com>
Jim Charter wrote:

> How do people feel about this level of detail in the figure?
>
> BTW how large would this figure actually be on the hardcopy?

It's a good level of details already. This figure will be approximately
the same size as in your image if the whole image will be 7440 in
height.

I see that you are tolerant to criticism, so let me also add some
critisism, hopefully constructive :) See attached image.

My general impression is that the whole figure is a bit extended. I
would call it El Greco style :) Your initial intention to keep head:body
proportion as 1:8 is not presented here.

1. Face size is too small. That's why it looks a bit childish to me :)
2. I think this is UV mapping artefact.
I would added a little bit in 3, 6, 8 and removed at 4.
5, 7 - These parts look a bit wrong to me.

Anyway, it'a good level of details already :)

Gena.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'detail1.jpg' (22 KB)