POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Concept Car : Re: Concept Car Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept Car
From: Gena
Date: 30 May 2003 18:22:04
Message: <3ED7D989.246E736F@mail.com>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> But when the shape is triangulated, and the normals have been calculated,
> you can still cut away half of it and save 50% memory.

Which memory do you mean - modeller or POV-Ray? As far as I know
povray doesn't have 'mirror' function yet, does it? So you still need both
parts.

Actually, I usually use mirror technique myself (sPatch) for human
faces, figures and other symmetric stuff. And as a rule the problem
is the same as described in that tutorial - to get seamless transition
from one part to another. But I doubt if it's possible to make human
face without mirror technique. Though it looks like it's not a problem
for cars.

Gena.