POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Gena
Date: 27 May 2003 13:37:12
Message: <3ED3A242.C1820EF1@mail.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I think the figures in the boats are not up to the same level of
> detail as the other parts of the picture, even as compared to the
> figures on the stairs. No offense to the contributor, just some
> constructive criticism :)

I think evrybody agrees that human figures are always one of the
most difficult part of any image, especially when you model it
yourself from the scratch. Jim created already exceptional models
for this image. Maybe it would be also a good idea to share
Wings3D source files (if Jim don't mind of course) so that anybody
who feels that he/she can improve it could change it and show us
the result.

Regarding level of details, maybe playing with image/bump maps
will help here. Also in a high resolution image will be visible a lack
of hair in some figures. Again maybe image/bump maps could
help here or any other technique.

Anyway, I think before making the final rendering we will make
fine tuning of many objects :)

Gena.