POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 May 2003 13:34:04
Message: <3ED3A18B.A8B2A76B@gmx.de>
Gena wrote:

> [...]
>
> This is intersection between isosurface and heightfield (based
> on function). I tried to make difference between isosurfaces
> but I couldn't avoid holes in the result object even changing
> max_gradient and accuracy.

See the documentation for 'max_trace' and 'all_intersections'.  Of course
you can also intersect in the isosurface function and just use one
isosurface.

I think they look a bit like they have bark on the outer surface, a rough
and weathered but mainly plain wood surface would probably be better.  I
will see if i can work on that.

Christoph