POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Gena
Date: 27 May 2003 13:23:53
Message: <3ED39F27.AD6130C1@mail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Nice posts.

Thanks!

> I did not yet study the code but i suppose it won't be that
> easy to make their cylindrical shape a bit less uniform.

This is intersection between isosurface and heightfield (based
on function). I tried to make difference between isosurfaces
but I couldn't avoid holes in the result object even changing
max_gradient and accuracy.
I can add spline to the posts. But that will just curve it. Anyway
feel free to change it.

> Ib's work on the building is impressive as well.  The texture should
> probably be somewhat patina-like - somethinbg quite difficult to achieve
> without being too slow.

Yep. I think image map won't be so slow here :) I would also prefer to use
procedural texture here but I know how difficult is to make such kind of
texture.

> I'm not sure about the change of the light position.  The left side
> buildings are different from the original now but of course we have to
> find a compromise because the lighting in the painting is not consistent.

I also think that those buildings are too bright now and I'm going to
change their saturation in the future.
As for light source position, I tried to make cathedral and boat in the
center more illuminated.

Gena.