POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky shader for PovMan ... (18K bu) : Re: Sky shader for PovMan ... (18K bu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky shader for PovMan ... (18K bu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 May 2003 10:47:57
Message: <3ED37A9D.4B693B50@gmx.de>
Michael Andrews wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been playing with PovMan 1.0 over the weekend and decided to write
> a shader.
>
> I've basicly translated Philippe Debar's Skylight.inc v0.6b to a pigment
> shader. For ease of implementation I chopped out the integration to
> Jaimes Vives Piqueres' light macros and the ability to vary 'north', but
> now I have it working I'll try to reimplement these.

Nice idea but i am not sure if this would be the most efficient way.
POV-Man shaders are not extremely fast.  Even using native POV-Ray 3.5
functions would be quite a bit faster probably.

Concerning the image - the brightness ratio between sky near and far away
from the sun does not seem right, the sky directly at the sun is darker
than the brightest parts of the ground.

Christoph