POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 16B Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 16B
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 27 May 2003 00:49:56
Message: <3ED2EC9D.A3348F2D@mail.com>
Steve wrote:

> No I don't think I understand what you're trying to do.

Here is the problem. I'm making image map for the dome
and I'll use spherical mapping. When you use spherical mapping
you have to make the image which covers the whole object.
There is no way to use 'once' keyword and cover just a part
of the object. It doesn't work for the spherical mapping.
But detailed image for the whole objects is so huge that
I have out of memory message (384 Mb RAM in my machine).
That's why I was wondering if there is any way to use just
a map for 8 sections and duplicate it somehow for the rest
24 sections (32 sections total).

Gena.