POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 16B Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 16B
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 26 May 2003 11:49:24
Message: <3ED235B0.D6D2E051@mail.com>
Steve wrote:

> Off the top of my head, create your 8 segment section, texture it and
> then rotate/translate, that way you'll have the same part of the image
> map on all secitons.  That's if I understand the problem correctly.

Spherical mapping wraps the whole texture (8 sections) around the whole
object (32 sections). So using your approach you have to make texture
for 32 sections with transparent 24 sections and make layered texture
(4 layers) rotating that texture 4 times. I thought maybe there is another
way around.

Gena.