POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV mechsim environment collisions : Re: MegaPOV mechsim environment collisions Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV mechsim environment collisions
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 May 2003 05:08:52
Message: <3ED08823.F4020BDB@gmx.de>
Mack Tuesday wrote:

> [...]
>
> So I explicitly declared my masses and connections instead
> of declaring a load_file, regardless of the clock value.

I now understand what you are talking about but you should not get used to
these formulations since they are not correct.  You simply read the data
file via POV-Ray's file reading functions and generate the topology from
the read data.

> This approach led to the masses falling straight through
> the environment.

Here you are obviously doing something wrong but you did not provide
enough information to point out the problem.

> [...]
>

> >Which of the sample scenes are you referring to?
> >

> I was talking about the one where the long grid falls on
> top of the big block.  I think it's example number 5.

This sample scene works completely as intended.  Note that the masses are
not supposed to stay completely outside the environment when using default
environment method.

Christoph