POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Capriccio 16B Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Capriccio 16B
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 24 May 2003 12:31:30
Message: <3ECF9EF4.7090100@ibras.dk>
The cathedral is now finished, except for the tympanum height_field and
the texturing.

Peter Hertel is working on the height_filed, and I have put a dummy
png-file in the scene, so when Peter's hf is ready, it is just a matter
of replacing my file with his.

I am hoping that someone, who can work with assumed_gamma 1, will take
on the texturing. I have cleaned up my texture use, and placed all the
texture declares in the beginning of the stpauls.inc file, so they are
easy to locate.

I have tried to place the dome and entrance in the scene, so they match
up with the painting, but that is next to impossible. The cathedral in
the painting does not have the same proportions as the real one. The
dome is not so bad, but the entrance poses some problems. If I scale it
to the same width as in the painting it is way too tall. If I scale it
asymmetrically to the same width and height as in the painting, the
clock becomes very elliptical. I have ended up scaling it to about 10%
more on the x-axis than on the y-axis, and aligned it with the pediment.
This means that the stairs ends up under water, but I am hoping that
will not be too noticeable in the finished image, when the area in front
of the cathedral is filled up with people and stautes.

The scource is posted in p.b.scene-files as version 16b.

/Ib

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'capriccio.jpg' (53 KB)