POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov : Re: MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 May 2003 12:53:54
Message: <3ECD00A1.1D2E3570@gmx.de>
Daniel Genrich wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm just searching the code and wondering, why the function
> "Iterate_Cloth_Simulation" -clothray.cpp- has two parameters instead of one.
> I can't find, where the second one ("vector * resul") is used.
> I need this to figure out, how and where I can try to parallelize the code.
> ("clothray.cpp" seems easier than "mechsim.cpp" to me for this ;-) )

In Clothray you can distribute the content the main double loop in
'Iterate_Cloth_Simulation()'.  But after every execution of the loop the
content of the position and velocity arrays have to be synchronized
between the nodes.  I doubt this would be efficient because this is a lot
of data and one simulation step does not take very long.

Mechsim can be handled similarly but i would suggest you wait for the next
version because there will be a change in the code structure (the
different integration methods will be in separate functions).

Christoph