POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov : Re: MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 May 2003 14:27:02
Message: <3ECBC4F5.8362AC47@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Daniel Genrich wrote:

> One of the new features of MegaPOV is presentated in "cloth.pov".
> I tried to render it and figured out that the parsing and building the
> ".dat" 's are the most CPU-power-intensive things of the hole process.
> Anyone have some idea/solution how to distribute it on different nodes? Is
> there a possibility to do so? Rendering the "cloth.pov" would be really
> faster if this would be possible.

Simulations like Clothray or Mechsim can be parallelized very well but you
have to do this on the level of the simulation loop.  Otherwise it will be
like trying to build a house's roof before the walls.  Of course parallel
calculations on this level will require a lot of communication between the
processes - the data will have to be synchronized after every simulation
step.

Christoph