POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Capriccio v.16 : Re: Capriccio v.16 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.16
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 18 May 2003 17:58:45
Message: <3EC80048.C62AE243@mail.com>

> Awesome... how do you these wall textures - just image maps, procedurally or
> even a mix of both?

It's all image maps. Which in turn are the combination of my photos
(stones & concrete) and hand-made images (walls).
Usually I model/draw the house on graph paper then scan it and use that
image as a template in painting program. I think it's possible to use
orthographic camera for the same purpose but it didn't work for me.
Almost all basements are heightfields.

> The features on the opposite wall still appear somewhat flat...

Yep, it's not painted yet :)

Gena.