POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GL SkySphere : Re: My GL SkySphere (~120kbu) (Was: GL SkySphere) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My GL SkySphere (~120kbu) (Was: GL SkySphere)
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 16 May 2003 04:36:28
Message: <3EC4A315.7030203@hotpop.com>
>   Here are snapshots of my school project, where I used this exact same
> technique.
>   The first image is the actual environment map rendered with POV-Ray.
> The next four images are snapshots from the OpenGL program.

Very...  Impressive!

I've read your code and you seem to have only 16^2 polygons for your
skySphere, am I right?  Well, I have 10^2, it might explain the
jaggyness, but I do believe my code is not as optimal as yours! =)

I'm also afraid, I don't understand much of too-much-3D-geometry!  Would
you let me use the function you wrote in my program, so I can show you
how I can make its use look much much more intense?

I'm currently writting a little EyeCandy program, it's much like a
screensaver, and the story goes like this:  Feel the Explorer in the
Need for Speed!  Two of which are two of the many symbols of a human mind.

Currenlty, I'd say I'm 40% done with this, if I could use your code for
the skysphere, I would jump to 60%.

Warp, do you agree?

Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
http://www.geocities.com/simonlemieux/