POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Extending #read, another option... : Re: Extending #read, another option... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extending #read, another option...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 May 2003 12:44:52
Message: <3EC120FF.1C93E81@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Kitsune_e wrote:

> Well, I attemted to give an intelligent sugestion instead of the "Please add
> feature" I was ment to request, and I have been stoned and humiliated by
> people whom I respected.

No.

Considering the fact that the matters discussed in this thread are - as
explained - off-topic here and also considering that the main topic of
your posting - the 'plugin' idea - has been covered in depth in previous
discussions all replies you got were relatively friendly and trying to
explain things as much as possible.  Your posting is the first getting a
touch of personal insults which is not appropriate.

As you write yourself:

> As for non-sense I do not understand why how giving other programs access to
> Povray's internal data is non-sense, or why it cannot be made portable
> among machines with similar architecture?

you don't understand why the idea of plugins is not so trivial for
POV-Ray.  If you want an explanation for this you should ask for one in
the appropriate group or even better read up where this has been covered
before, for example in:

http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/28666/
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/2743/
http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/17195/