POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio - stairs (73+135k) : Re: Capriccio - stairs (73+135k) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio - stairs (73+135k)
From: Gena
Date: 6 May 2003 17:42:00
Message: <3EB82C29.F77BE513@mail.com>
Peter Hertel wrote:

> Nice, I'll se if I can do any of those objects. How do you feel about
> meshes(Wings3D) contra SDL? I'd belive SDL are preffered, but are meshes
> accepted and is there a max size?

Any way. The only requirement - it should be good looking object(s)
with convincing texturing :) Meshes can be well compressed by ZIP
because of their text nature.

> I belive it could be done with poser figures and then converted to a
> heightfield?

This is very good idea (though I've never used Poser). I think this way
you can use copyrighted Poser objects,  right? Just compose the scene
with human figures, horses etc. use orthographic camera, special
direct light and make black&white image for heightfield.

Gena.