POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.12 : Re: Capriccio v.12 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.12
From: Gena
Date: 28 Apr 2003 18:32:51
Message: <3EADAC1A.7D331D8A@mail.com>
Aaron wrote:

> But here is where it gets complicated.  Is it the Photograph that they have
> copyrighted?

Exactly.

> I would suggest trying to find images floating around on the net that don't
> have a copyright notice atattched to it.  Especially the museum or gallery
> that it is housed in.  They may have a site.

I tried but found only reproduction on web-site of  Tate Gallery. As a
rule all reproductions on museum web sites are copyrighted as well. So
you cannot use it :) Though you can always provide the link :)

> Or you could always seek the author/publishers approval and offer to "plug"
> their book.  Hey you never know other POV artists might go out and buy it to
> try and reproduce other works in the book.  ;)

I've read that it's not so difficult to get such permission for non-commercial
use
although sometimes they will ask for some symbolic fee. It's just boring :(

Gena.