POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.12 : Re: Capriccio v.12 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:46:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.12
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Apr 2003 04:46:33
Message: <3EACEA69.ACBD0390@gmx.de>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> [...]
>
> > I've been working on the figure
> > in the near boat and a texture for the steps.  But I am finding that
> > when I apply a normal to the steps, I get a lot of artifacts in the
> > shadows on the front of the steps in the poster size version.
>
> Those steps are in the foreground of the scene therefore it should be
> detailed object. So maybe it would be better to use isosurfaces here.
> Christoph Hormann is a master of isosurfaces :) Maybe he could help
> here if he has time.

Yes, i already considered working on those steps.  I decided to submit the
scene i am currently working on myself to the IRTC - when this is finished
i will try to find some time for those steps.

It's somewhat tricky because of the non-rectangular angles but it should
be possible.

BTW, the bases of the houses in the original image seem to mainly consist
of quite rough bricks.  It could be a good idea to use heightfileds there
to get some structure.

Christoph