POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] : Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Apr 2003 18:49:08
Message: <3EAC5E64.9A10EC6F@gmx.de>
Ken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Messing around with POV-Tree, the trace function, slope maps, radiosity,
> HFs and a few other things. I still need to get better control of using
> the slope map feature. I would also like to add some more leaf litter like
> stuff to the forest floor and will probably switch to area lights for
> softer shadows later on. I won't even admit how long it took me to get
> the camera location and lighting angles to where they are now... ...and
> yes it is supposed to be on the darkish side.

Wow, your second image this month, you are getting quite productive... ;-)

Nice work on the trees but they could be more random in the detail.  The
lighting is somewhat strange.  I suppose the shadows are coming from
moonlight.  I think the scenery would look more spectacular if the light
comes more from the sunset.

Christoph