POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] : Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k]
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 2003 18:44:39
Message: <3EAC5D1A.1BCA665D@pacbell.net>
Andrew Coppin wrote:

> Most impressive... I really love the colour of the sky. The hill/mountain
> looks lovely. The trees are great too.

Thanks.

> Only thing I would add is that
> perhaps the left hand side of the image could be just slighly brighter to
> show off those trees a bit more.

I was really going for that siloutte look. This image was inspired by one
I found on the net a few months ago showing an asian woman in a billowy
summer dress walking along a ridge line at sunset and shot from below.
The colors of the sky were very similar but you could only make out the
outline of the ridge and the girl walking on it. The only real detail was
the clouds and sky itself.

If I can add more detail to the scene, and make it look realistic, I might
try a daylight version of it. We'll have to wait and see...

--
Ken Tyler