POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] : Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [wip] Mountain-Trees [80k]
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 2003 18:30:44
Message: <3EAC59D6.EDCB9338@pacbell.net>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> Looks good.

Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you :)

> I think this is the first POV-Tree forest :)

It's an honor. I started with the spruce example and then made
three modified versions seen in the image.

> You can also try to add some mesh bushes
> (making trunk length = 0).

I have a good starting idea of the controls for the trunk and branches
but I need to get a better idea of the controls for the twigs, leaf,
and the bunchs. I still don't really understand the ramifications of
cause and effect with all of the options available. Some of the help
notes just get me more confused but that is not unusual for me...

> And some grass
> and leaves on the ground will definitely improve
> the scene.

In the works. Placement is the hard part. I'm trying to come up with some
exclusion zones around the trees themselves but I haven't found a working
solution yet.

--
Ken Tyler