POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ChromeADN : Re: ChromeADN Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ChromeADN
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 26 Apr 2003 17:39:50
Message: <3EAA6F97.5080706@hotpop.com>
> I know exactly what you mean, its called being a perfectionist.  You know
> that it might be helpfull to you or someone else to share what you are
> working on, but you also want your work to look good.  So you end up
> hidding it away, tweaking this, fixing that, until either it is close
> enough to perfect that you are willing to let others see it, or you get
> bored with it and move on.  There is also some egotism involved (wanting to
> be recognized as a skilled person), and also some fear? (not wanting to
> embarrass oneself)  I think these are signs of a good artist, but they are
> also encumberances to creativity.

Oh, yes you are right, I am a big perfectionist!  I believe I do have
fear also because I'm entering the IRTC competition for the first time (
I tried in the past and didn't complete).

> Your sculpture looks very good!  I like the idea of doing it in chrome, but
> I think it might look more interestink if you changed the colors of the
> base pairs to something other then white.  BTW what is with the ADN thing?
> Acid DioxyriboNucleic?

Well, the sculpture will be in some kind of metal for sure, but the
color of the metal is still to be defined...  I might do it in titanium?!

And about what's with the ADN thing, do you the stuff I had to get rid of?

If so you can see what I mean for yourself, this is the webpage where I
downloaded the original data ( you can see that I really changed the
look of the helix)
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/cgi/explore.cgi?job=graphics;pdbId=1AOI;page=;pid=252101051393077&opt=show&size=500
I just read that the thing I had to get rid of is called Histone

Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: