POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Hello world! : Re: Hello world! Server Time
14 Jun 2024 05:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello world!
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 23 Apr 2003 18:39:47
Message: <3EA6890B.5050104@hotpop.com>
> Welcome aboard!

Hey thanks!

> Concept is good!  I've noticed that often the images that score high in
> concept are ones that approach the topic from a humorous or unusual
> perspective.

I believe I have an unusual perspective...  And possibly a bit humorous
and twisted (actually twisted might be the best qualificative!)

>>  About technical, if I have thousands of objects, all placed in a very
>>strong algorythm (and you will be able to see it on the image) does that
>>makes for a good technical score?
>

> If they look good!

Yes of course, every winner must look good!

>>As for artistic, I believe it has to do with taste and that nobody can
>>be sure...  I guess...  Plato might be of help, but even then...
>

> Yep, it's a coin flip...  just keep in mind that Plato has never won a round
> ;-)

You are right, anyway, I'm not a Plato follower...  I'm just a
programmer and a POV-User!

> Good luck! Look forward to seeing your entry!

Thanks, actually, I'm looking forward to see it too!  There's not much
time left and it's pretty hard for me to organise all I have to do for
this project in so little time... anyway, even if the picture is not
perfect or finished, I'll post it that way so you guys can see what I
was up to...!

Thanks,
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: