POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Hello world! : Re: Hello world! Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello world!
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 22 Apr 2003 19:39:50
Message: <3EA54596.8040809@hotpop.com>
> I don't think there are any documented judging criteria.  The works are
> judged by the others who have entered plus a few others who are familiar
> with the contest.  As you may have observed the scoring is broken into
> three categories: artistic, concept, and technical which are averaged to
> create an overall score for each work.  This overall score is then used
> to rank the work.

Yes, I see, ok, so I believe my image should be good in concept surely.
  About technical, if I have thousands of objects, all placed in a very
strong algorythm (and you will be able to see it on the image) does that
makes for a good technical score?

As for artistic, I believe it has to do with taste and that nobody can
be sure...  I guess...  Plato might be of help, but even then...

Thanks! =)
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: