POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : The New Exponentiation : Re: The New Exponentiation Server Time
3 May 2024 00:57:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The New Exponentiation
From: bob douglas
Date: 19 Apr 2003 01:51:45
Message: <3EA0E458.5060905@ihug.com.au>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3E9### [at] ihugcomau> , bob douglas <rod### [at] ihugcomau>
> wrote:
>

>>I am no longer able to reproduce one of my scenes due to the change in
>>exponentiation in 3.5, now in the form of pow(a,b) - formerly a^b.
>

> POV-Ray never supported the "^" in any final version, just a few beta
> versions of POV-Ray 3.5 had support for that operator.  So this is in
> absolutely no way a removed feature.

My apologies to ABX and Thorsten. I was actually using MacMegaPov 0.7 to render my
scene and I mistakenly assumed that Pov-Ray 3.1 supported the "^" operator in the
same way.

>>Is there some way of emulating the old a^b in order to render my scene?
>

> Yes, you just apply yourself the operations the old unofficial isosurface
> function implementation of "^" did implicitly.

I don't know how to apply the old unofficial isosurface function implicit
implementation of "^". Could you please explain how to do this?

Many thanks for your help,

Bob