POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Church finally finished : Re: Church finally finished Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church finally finished
From: John VanSickle
Date: 17 Apr 2003 12:06:30
Message: <3E9ED10D.135EB705@hotmail.com>
Ib Rasmussen wrote:

> So, with Gilles Tran's cars I have finally finished my church scene.
> The attached image is rendered at 5 times the shown resolution, gaussian

> effects in the brick pattern (that should please Rafal :-).

I've had this problem with both bricks and lettering at a distance.
I've solved both problems by blurring the texture, using a macro that
blurs it according to the render resolution, camera angle, and distance.

I used the technique in my current IRTC entry, which has some signs in
the background; the signs get aliased too much without the technique.

Regards,
John