POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Church finally finished : Re: Church finally finished - concerning the sky... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church finally finished - concerning the sky...
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 16 Apr 2003 10:19:31
Message: <3E9D66D9.4010100@ibras.dk>
Thank you to you all for your kind comments.

One recurring "complaint" is that sky isn't realistic. To that I have
this to say:

I like to model buildings, and I like to try to make them look
interesting by modelling a lot of details, as opposed to doing fancy
tricks with textures. I only use bitmap textures, if I can't avoid it
(like the mosaics above the church doors).

The object of interest to me in this scene is the church. The sky,
streets, trees, cars and the other building are merely set pieces, and
it doesn't bother me much, if they look a bit artificial. After all, if
I wanted a photorealistic image, I would have used my digital camera.

So there :)

/Ib