POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Church finally finished : Re: Church finally finished Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church finally finished
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 16 Apr 2003 07:50:56
Message: <3E9D4408.1040808@ibras.dk>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> It's a pain you can't share with us a bit of that terrific
> patience you have.

I would have attached some to this msg, but I didn't know what MIME-type
to use ;-)

> Another problem is that shadows are totally black,

They shouldn't be, as I have used the ol' primitive trick of putting a
light source in the camera, to soften up the shadows. The shadows on the
vertical faces looks ok, but on the streets they seem very dark. I blame
my tarmac texture (it is a granite pigment with a granite normal), it
has behaved strangely in other respects.

On the other hand, in the digital photos I have taken of the area in
sunlight, the shadows on the tarmac are almost black, too. Perhaps it
all comes down to the low density range of digital images.

/Ib