POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Church finally finished : Re: Church finally finished Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church finally finished
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Apr 2003 04:28:31
Message: <3E9D142F.D852BEFB@gmx.de>
Ib Rasmussen wrote:

> So, with Gilles Tran's cars I have finally finished my church scene.
> The attached image is rendered at 5 times the shown resolution, gaussian

> effects in the brick pattern (that should please Rafal :-).
> Unfortunately the technique leaves the image a bit unsharp, but you
> can't get everything, I suppose.

As usual great modelling work!  It would be nice if you on occasion could
give an insight into the way you model your buildings.

As others have mentioned you could improve the sky.  The lighting looks
fairly consistent although the shadows quite strongly differ in brightness
on the left and on the right.  I would suggest trying radiosity but with
that complexity of the scene and the high memory use this could be
difficult of course.  Trying some fill light could work though.

For saving memory you could try to use meshes for some repetitive
geometries.  Especially the trees would be more efficient this way (unless
they already are meshes)

Christoph