POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dilemma : Re: Dilemma Server Time
13 Aug 2024 14:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dilemma
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 15 Apr 2003 21:47:07
Message: <3E9CB963.3040200@alphalink.com.au>
Tek wrote:
> Thanks for the comments, it looks like I should go for number 3 (spacefleet).
>
> To answer some of the other comments:
>
> I kinda like the clouds in #1, they're meant to look kind of hand painted.
>
> #2 doesn't look too good out of context (way too blue!) but I was considering it
> because it's a fairly strong image from the animation.

If it's not too late I'd like to vote for: Anything but #3.
I do like the effect of the clouds in #1 and the cartoony appearance of
#2 precisely because they are not like image #3. I think that while #3
probably looks very cool as part of the animation it is just too cliched
for the promo poster. Go with something stylised like #1 or #1, that
people won't expect and which will get them wondering what the animation
looks like.