POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Gena
Date: 15 Apr 2003 13:47:27
Message: <3E9C45AD.246FF3A9@mail.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   Yes, but you can also set assumed_gamma to 1.8/2.2 to achieve the same
> effect without having to alter your povray.ini, if I read well the
> manual.

That works fine when only you work on the scene. But it doesn't work in
collaborative project. Every time you download new files you override
your settings. The advantage of tuning only Display_Gamma is that it's not
placed in the source file. You can change it either in INI or type it in
that
text field for parameters.

Gena.