POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Gena
Date: 14 Apr 2003 13:23:47
Message: <3E9AEEA1.23A22CCB@mail.com>
> What was the monitor_gamma used for creating these images? Unless

It was default value. I guess on my PC it's 2.2

So let's recap the discussion :)
From all those posts and POV-Ray doc we could make conclusion
that recommended assumed_gamma is 1. So let's use it.

If you feel that image looks too bright or too dark on your monitor
with assumed_gamma=1 try to adjust Display_Gamma parameter
which is monitor specific (I specified 1.8 for my monitor). Because
that parameter is placed in command line we don't have to have
gamma-specific sources for each platform.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Gena.