POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 14 Apr 2003 07:41:05
Message: <3E9AA198.2060105@alphalink.com.au>
Gena Obukhov wrote:
> I removed 'ambient' from all textures (except cathedral facade),
> reduced radiosity brightness to 0.6, reduced 'diffuse' to 0.6 and
> reduced sky brightness.
> You can see the result below. Let's decide which value for
> assumed_gamma we should use.
> IMHO we should use something from the middle 1.4-1.6 even
> though such value is not right from theoretical point of view :)

What was the monitor_gamma used for creating these images? Unless
everyone viewing them has monitors of that gamma value they are useless
for comparison. Surely an assumed_gamma value should be chosen such that
when someone renders the scene on their computer with the monitor_gamma
set for their monitor, a ray calculated to have a color of <0.5, 0.5,
0.5> is displayed as a grey perceived to have 50% of the monitor's full
intensity. That value is 1.