POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Apr 2003 04:51:23
Message: <3E9A768A.C05D8553@gmx.de>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> I removed 'ambient' from all textures (except cathedral facade),
> reduced radiosity brightness to 0.6, reduced 'diffuse' to 0.6 and
> reduced sky brightness.
> You can see the result below. Let's decide which value for
> assumed_gamma we should use.
> IMHO we should use something from the middle 1.4-1.6 even
> though such value is not right from theoretical point of view :)

Attached is my adaptation of the scene for assumed_gamma 1 - i did not try
to modify the textures apart from removing the ambient since they are
provisonal anyway.  I changed the light position to be fairly conforming
with the painting (although this is tricky since the painting does not
really have consistent lighting...)

The modified scene is in p.b.s-f. (only the main scene, the other
modifications are only the removing of ambient in finishes)

Concerning assumed_gamma: not specifying it results in a linear output,
just as if assumed_gamma and display_gamma have the same value.  As Tim
explained most people are used to design their textures for assumed_gamma
1.

Christoph

Attachments:
Download 'capriccio9a.jpg' (86 KB)