POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Ken
Date: 13 Apr 2003 11:09:43
Message: <3E997DB9.4270A0D2@pacbell.net>
Ib Rasmussen wrote:

> I have three different classical figures, that I have used on a church
> (http://www.ibras.ishoejby.dk/frederik/frederik.htm), that might pass as
> the three free standing sculptures on top of the triangular front
> (pediment?), but there is also some figure groups on the side towers,
> and a number of reliefs, especially the large triangular one
> (tympanon?), which I wouldn't know what to do with.

You can always try HFs for that. Jim Kress and I have both had pretty good
success recreating sculpture with HFs. An example can be seen at Jim's site

http://www.kressworks.com/Art/resources/JWK_works/pieta_finished.jpg

This is of coarse presuming that you can find a good base image to start with.

--
Ken Tyler