POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boardgame (53kb) : Re: Boardgame (53kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:34:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boardgame (53kb)
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Apr 2003 08:17:33
Message: <3E96B2FF.8060301@free.fr>
Daniel Nilsson wrote:

> Correct!
> After this it does not matter where black places his next piece, white will
> get 5 in a row anyway.
> White had a clear victory several moves earlier actually...
>
> "Mark Weyer" <wey### [at] informatikuni-freiburgde> wrote in message
> news:3E9### [at] informatikuni-freiburgde...
>
>>>Bonus question: What is whites next move?

>>XO*X
>>  OOXX
>>  XOO
>>   OOOX
>>XO
>>
>>Or do I think of the wrong rules?

I do not know. If the rules are the 'Pente' ones (win by alignement of 5
or capture of 5 couples), black can at least delay white by taking some
couples along the line of soon 4 stones (three couples are subjet to
capture, but at most 2 can be taken, because of a shared stone).

Also, the current count give B:8, W:8, with apparently Black at the
center of the board, hence as first player, so it should be black to
play now, not white (unless I get abused by the perspective).