POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : slightly surreal IRTC wip : Re: slightly surreal IRTC wip Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slightly surreal IRTC wip
From: Tom A
Date: 9 Apr 2003 15:47:19
Message: <3E9478C8.5010208@my-deja.com>
Florian Brucker wrote:
> hey tom
>

>>Now maybe you can explain how you got such _smooth_ animation in about
>>half a meg.  I created 500 frames of a spaceship flyby, and got a 3 M
>>movie, and it speeds by so fast you can't see the details.
>

> i'm just guessing, but did you adjust the frame rate settings in your video
> encoding software (not in POV itself)?

For the first time, I used _avi_ to create an .avi file (at 24 frames
per second), and then _avi2mpg_ and it (theoretically) should have kept
the frame rate.

(Previously, I used _cmpeg_ and I ignored frame rate; to be honest, I
don't remember if it had a parameter for it.)

--
Tom A.
"I've got the whole world