POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : slightly surreal IRTC wip : Re: slightly surreal IRTC wip Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slightly surreal IRTC wip
From: Tom A
Date: 9 Apr 2003 09:46:50
Message: <3E94244A.2010202@my-deja.com>
Tekno Frannansa wrote:
> This is a short segment from the animation I'm working on. I'm posting it
> for no more reason than that I got ADSL yesterday, so now I can upload files
> of this size no problem! :) Oh, plus I think it looks pretty cool in a kind
> of anime influenced way.
>
> Render time for the whole sequence was just under 2 hours on my Athlon 2200.
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome, there's still time to change things
> before the deadline! :)

Very nice.

Now maybe you can explain how you got such _smooth_ animation in about
half a meg.  I created 500 frames of a spaceship flyby, and got a 3 M
movie, and it speeds by so fast you can't see the details.
(<http://www.geocities.com/meteoricshipyards/Jrny.mpg>

That's always been a problem with my movies.

Good luck in the contest.

--
Tom A.
"I've got the whole world