POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.8 : Re: Capriccio v.8 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:36:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.8
From: Gena
Date: 7 Apr 2003 20:05:09
Message: <3E92122C.41B9F322@mail.com>
> We really need a consistend lighting setup that does not get modified too
> much in the future.  What is currently in the package has several flaws:
>
> - no 'assumed_gamma 1'
> - ambient_light -0.2 (should be 0.0)
> - radiosity settings:
>    * recursion_limit 3 (won't be feasible for the final render and is
> unnecessarily slow for test runs
>    * gray_threshold > 0 (not realistic)
> - too large area_light for the sun

I agree. Though I usually model all objects first and then set the lights.
But it doesn't work in this situation when different people work on
different objects :) So if you can please do those changes assuming
that we won't add any other buildings to the scene besides existing
place-holders. In this case you could also work with light position/shadows.
Then we could freeze that light for a while :)

I would have only the following requirements to the light(s)
- it should be warm (golden hues) to mimic XVIII century painting
  and that time of the day (around 4-6 p.m.)
- those buildings on the right side should also have some visible details
  it should not look like black hole :) Maybe we need some
  shadowless light somewhere in front of those buildings (?)

Gena.