POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black_hole warp question : Black_hole warp question Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Black_hole warp question
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 Apr 2003 16:21:40
Message: <3E91FA13.419FDD90@tiscalinet.de>
High!

With the Cyrix co-processor more or less finished (perhaps in the more
distant future it may develop into a whole computer museum located in
Port Liberty, Tau Ceti IV c, somewhen around 2350 AD...), I rush onward
to the next project - a Jupiter/Saturn-like gas giant, after several
earlier attempts now with a halfway credible cloud texture (of course,
this is only the very first step of another, much larger project, which
is not to be disclosed yet...)

This also includes storm vortices similar to the Great Red Spot on
Jupiter... I already found out that inverted black_hole warps are the
way to model such storm whirls - but on Jupiter (and probably on any
real gas giant) they are oval in shape, whereas black_hole warps produce
circular structures! Is there any way to re-scale black_hole warps?
Obviously, scale statements within the warp block are not allowed, and
it's neither possible to replace the size value by a vector...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar