POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. Histogram Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. Histogram
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 5 Apr 2003 04:13:26
Message: <3E8E9EA8.3080604@ibras.dk>
Hughes, B. wrote:

> was expecting to find instead was a bright spot where the top of the dome
> meets the part atop it, since that's where I notice the most slowdown occur.
> Or so it appears to me as I watch the rendering take place.

I think you can improve the renderspeed of the dome part considerably
with a bit of manual bounding. Try adding something like
    bounded_by { box { <-60, 0, -593>, <60, 655, 0> } }
to the declarations of Dome_A and Dome_B in the stpaul.inc file.

(Back in '96, when I made the model, I obviously wasn't as aware of the
limitations of auto-bounding, as I am today :)

/Ib